FIFA World Cup Statistics
Excitement is building for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia, with all 32 teams now confirmed for the next edition of football’s showpiece event.
As part of our build-up, we take a look at the teams that will appear on Russia 2018 in our colorful and interactive guide!
Each slide show has a profile on the coach and the star of each qualifying team, as well as a video of the highest goal scored by the most teams in the qualification.
Click the links below to learn more about the 32 teams that contest the world of football’s top prize in Russia!
AUSTRALIA – The Socceroos making their fifth performance at a world cup
IRAN – Team Melli were the first Asian team to qualify for Russia 2018
* JAPAN* – The Japanese have made in the Round of 16 on two occasions
REPUBLIC of KOREA – The Taeguk Warriors are a championship ever-present since 1986
SAUDI ARABIA – The saudis made their world cup debut at USA 1994.
EGYPT – The pharaohs to their first world finals appearance since Italy 1990
* MOROCCO* – The Atlas Lions topped the African zone Group C in the qualification
* NIGERIA* – The Super Eagles have missed a tournament since their debut in USA 1994
SENEGAL – In their debut in Korea/Japan 2002, the Lions of Teranga reached the quarter-finals
TUNISIA – In Argentina 1978, the Eagles of Carthage became the first African team to win a World Cup match
COSTA RICA – Los Ticos, under the impression of Brazil 2014, making the quarter-finals
MEXICO – The Mexicans lost only once in qualifying for Russia 2018
PANAMA – The central Americans are on their world cup debut in Russia
ARGENTINA – The two-time champions appeared the first edition in Uruguay in 1930
* BRAZIL* – A Seleção were the first team to qualify after hosts Russia
COLOMBIA – Los Cafeteros coach Jose Pekerman was responsible for his native Argentina in Germany 2006
* PERU* – The Peruvians to return to the world finals for the first time in 36 years
URUGUAY – La Celeste were world champions as hosts in 1930 and in Brazil in 1950.
BELGIUM – The Belgians went undefeated in the topping UEFA Group H in qualifying
* CROATIA* – The Croats finished third in their world cup debut in France 1998
* DENMARK* germany * – The Danes secured qualification with a comfortable play-off victory over Ireland.
* ENGLAND* – The Three Lions have made the finals in 14 of the 16 qualifying campaigns
* FRANCE* – Les Bleus are making a sixth-straight world finals appearance
* GERMANY* – The defending world champion recorded a 100 per cent record in qualifying
* ICELAND* – is The smallest country by population to ever qualify for a world cup
* POLAND* – The Poland finished third at Germany 1974 and Spain 1982
* PORTUGAL* – A Seleção das Quinas to a fifth straight final appearance
* RUSSIA* – As the Soviet Union, the World Cup hosts finished fourth at England 1966
* SERBIA* – The Serbs topped UEFA Group D in the qualification with only one defeat
* SPAIN* – Champions in 2010, Spain’s World Cup debut was in Italy in 1934
* SWEDEN* – The Swedes were the runners-up World Cup hosts in 1958
* SWITZERLAND* – The Swiss have reached the quarterfinals in three of the cases